Past Posts

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hot Chocolate Run

Today I ran my first race since my Marathon last year.  Needless to say, it's scary how quickly your body goes back to it's original state in such a short amount of time--I ran a 5k....that's 23.1 miles less than I ran last October and it was almost just as hard :(  Today was The Hot Chocolate 5k/15k in gorgeous Chicago.  It could not have been a better day for a race.  The weather was perfect, the hot chocolate was delicious and it was a Sunday.  You really couldn't have asked for anything different.  
                            

Here are the treats you get after finishing:                                                        Beautiful Fall Chicago Colors :)
Hot Chocolate (of course), Chocolate Fondue 
with pretzels, rice crispy treat, marshmallow 
and a few other goodies.  Complete with a 
wet-nap which we all needed.  
We were lucky enough to stay in my best friend's, friends (I know :) condo.  It was on the 32nd floor right in the Loop.  This was our view...my NON photo shopped view.  This is why I love Chicago.  Couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment